Our vision is simple and is reflected in our school motto’s: Lumley Infant and Nursery School – ‘fun to teach, fun to learn‘ and Lumley Junior School – ‘enjoy and achieve together“. Through creative, innovative and engaging activities led by passionate practitioners, our children are inspired, enthused and motivated to learn.
We aim to:
- Provide a happy, caring and stimulating environment for learning.
- Enable pupils to fulfil their potential academically and socially.
- Promote positive partnerships between staff, children, parents and governors.
- Create a climate of mutual respect and unity.
- Ensure equality for all.
Everyone in our school community deserves…
- to be happy and enjoy learning.
- to feel safe.
- to be treated fairly and with respect.
- to be encouraged and supported to achieve their very best.
- to access a highly engaging curriculum.
The curriculum aims at Lumley Primary Federation are:
- To foster a love of learning and develop skills and knowledge to be a successful learner.
- To provide an exciting curriculum that enables pupils to develop their knowledge and understanding and apply their skills across the breadth of the Early Years Foundation Stage and National Curriculum.
- To provide creative, innovative and engaging activities across the breadth of the curriculum, underpinned by the application of basic skills.
The Core Values of Lumley Infant and Nursery School and Lumley Junior School, have been designed by pupils, parents and governors and reflect the school’s ethos and are at the heart of all we do. They are encapsulated in the word
Lumley Infant and Nursery School – DREAMS
D: is for having determination and dedication
R: is for being responsible and resilient
E: is for being enthusiastic about learning and having empathy for others
A: is for having an aspiration and a positive, caring attitude
M: is for being motivated and having good manners
S: is for being special and successful.
Lumley Junior School – ASPIRE
A: is for positive attitude and ambition
S: is for spirited and successful
P: is for proud and passionate
I: is for individual and inclusive
R: is for responsible, resilient and respectful
E: is for enthusiasm and empathy
The Department for Education state there is a need “to create and enforce a clear and rigorous expectation on all schools to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.” View our approach to British Values on our website.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
At Lumley Primary Federation, we believe that inclusive education means providing all pupils with appropriate education and support alongside their peers. The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. Further information can be found in the SEN Information Report
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.