SENCO and SEN Staff
Infant & Nursery SENCO – Miss C Nicholson
Junior SENCO – Mrs L Bell
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
External Specialists and Other Bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham County Council Local Offer
- Educational Psychology
- Emotional Wellbeing Team
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Autism and Social Communication Team
- Occupational Therapists
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
- Cognition and Learning Team
- Movement Difficulties Service
How We Secure Specialist Expertise
Our Additional Needs Budget is used to support children and young people with SEN.
This is used to support children and young people with SEND by:
- Employing staff to support children
- Gaining input from external specialists
- Purchasing resources to support a child’s needs
- Staff training
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.